Is there anything better than summer fashion? This is the time of year we get to don our very best and brightest, from vibrantly patterned women’s blouses to our coolest distressed denim. There’s so much fun stuff on the agenda when the weather’s warm — showers, boat days, weddings, picnics and trips to the beach. All of these special occasions call for a little bit of shopping! When planning your summer wardrobe, make sure to keep an eye on the latest trends so you feel confident and amazing at every event. Below we’ve outlined some of the hottest trends for this summer to help you design dazzling looks that go from beach days to errands with ease.
- Floral Prints — Floral print dresses and tops are everything right now, and why not? There’s nothing better than a pretty print or pattern to make you stand out. From soft pastels for early summer to retro-inspired floral prints that transcend into fall, there are fabulous floral styles for every kind of shopper. You’ll find chic dresses in tons of silhouettes and all the floral prints.
- Puff Sleeves — Have you noticed that so many of the cutest blouses come equipped with flirty puff sleeves this season? We absolutely adore this trend and think it’s the perfect way to give a simple look a dressy, feminine feel. When paired with some nice denim, a chic puff sleeve top gives off that perfect dressy yet relaxed look we love. We’ve also seen puff sleeves donning dresses lately, adding a perfect bit of whimsy to your summer wardrobe.
- Gingham — Gingham is a summertime classic, and for good reason! This fabric is typically made with lighter-weight materials and features a stylish checked or plaid-like pattern, making it perfect for casual summertime events. Gingham dresses have been spotted on fashion icons like Pippa Middleton and Jenna Coleman, so you know this is one trend that will stay in style! It’s perfect for all kinds of outdoor events, from picnics to boat outings.
- Tiered Ruffles — If you love a flirty option that will make you want to twirl, you’re going to adore the tiered ruffle trend. This chic option is popping up on skirts, dresses and even tops this summer. The fun yet laid-back vibe of tiered ruffles makes this trend perfect for pairing with wedges, sandals and espadrilles.
- Button-Up Shirts — We typically don’t think of button-up shirts as a trend for summer, but we are seeing them worn as breezy tops or even open top layers with jean shorts. Make sure to choose a breezy, lighter-weight fabric when styling this trend for summer. Consider pairing your button-up with a casual base layer so you can wear it open or closed.
- Stripes — Stripes, like gingham and florals, are not a new trend for summer. But they’re one that will pick up a ton of steam this year. We’re big fans of nautical striped tops and dresses, especially when paired with cute neutral wedges or heeled sandals. Smaller stripes in pastels are also a great option for summer and keep your style a bit beachy.
- White Denim — You can add a pair of white jeans to your list of denim fundamentals, right alongside your black and dark wash pairs. White jeans are huge for summer and have been spotted on stylish ladies like Gigi Hadid and Gwyneth Paltrow. We’ve seen style icons pairing their white bottoms with white tops for a cool monochrome look, but they truly are so versatile. Pair them with bright prints and patterns to make a splash on top.
- Casual Dresses — This enduring trend has been happening for a while now, but some of our favorite designers have taken it to new levels. The hottest trends in casual dresses include collared necks, high-low hems, cuffed sleeves and fun prints and patterns. These are the perfect option when you want to be relaxed and comfortable but still look put together.
- Statement Earrings — If you’re looking for a simple way to elevate your look and make it appear more polished and put-together, consider adding some statement jewelry. This season we’re seeing a lot of big, bold earrings with beadwork, gems and even lettering.
- Bold Sunglasses — It’s the same idea here! A pair of statement sunglasses will transform any simple, underwhelming look into a glamorous one! Oversized is back in style, especially when it comes to aviators and cat eye frames. Don’t be afraid to play with colors and materials, either. Fun patterns will help add a pop of personality to any look.
- Paper Bag Shorts — Paper bag shorts are high-waisted fabric shorts that typically feature a cinched waist and a fabric tie belt. Their silhouette makes them ideal for warmer weather, especially during dressier occasions. Pair them with a tucked-in blouse — silky tops in fun patterns or puff sleeves work well with this short style — for a totally put-together ensemble.
- Short, Pleated Skirts — If you love the preppy style or prefer cute, trendy clothes, you’ll absolutely love sporting short, pleated skirts this summer. They embody a classic sporty-chic style and are perfect for everything from running errands to having lunch with your girlfriends at the country club. We’ve also seen tennis skirts popping onto shelves this season.
This summer, it’s all about the big, bold and eye-catching! Make a splash on vacation, at special summer occasions or simply when hanging with friends when you incorporate some of these excellent trends into your wardrobe.