The best part about going to a rave or music festival (besides the music and dancing, obviously), might just be putting together the perfect outfit. Rave culture is accepting, loving, and respectful, which means that you’re encouraged to be your authentic self and express your personality in whatever way you see fit. For many people, that means putting together incredible outfits that would look a bit out of place somewhere else. Thigh high socks are one of the major accessories that are popping up on ravers everywhere these days. If you’re interested in trying out this sexy, stylish new trend, here’s what you need to know.
When it comes to thigh high socks, there’s truly a style out there for everyone. Whether you’re looking to go the sexy route, add some dramatic flair, or add a pop of color to your outfit, you’ve got options.
- Fishnets: The classic fishnet thigh high is definitely one of those looks that makes a statement. One of the best things about fishnets is they’re super breathable, so you don’t have to worry about getting too warm by adding them to your look, even during summer festivals.
- Fence nets or diamond nets: If you like the look of fishnets but want something that feels a little less constricting, fence net or diamond net thigh highs might be the right choice for you. These thigh highs have larger gaps between the threading, which makes them even more breathable than fishnets.
- Leg wraps: If you want to sport a look that you’re likely to see only at raves and festivals, leg wraps are the thigh high socks for you! Leg wraps are pretty much exactly what they sound like – colorful bands that wrap around your legs and crisscross to create a sexy, unique look. Leg wraps come in a huge variety of colors and styles, including neon, rainbow, reflective, and more. We definitely recommend choosing a non-slip style so your leg wraps stay put while you dance the night away.
- Thigh high socks: Looking for something a bit more traditional or with a fun pattern? Thigh high or knee high socks are your best bet. These socks are opaque and printed with all different designs so you can really customize your look. Thigh high socks are likely to be a bit less breathable than the other options listed above, so keep that in mind and consider the weather when you’re choosing what to wear.
- Garter Belts: Garter belts with thigh high socks not only look incredibly sexy in a very va-va-voom way, they’re also practical. As you can imagine, one of the issues some people face with thigh high socks is that they may have a tendency to slide down if you purchase the wrong size or get a pair that’s not advertised as non-slip. With garter belts, you don’t have to worry about your socks falling down all day – they’re attached to the belt and are staying up no matter what! You can use garter belts on any type of thigh high socks, including fishnets, athletic socks, and more.
When choosing your look for your next rave, thigh high socks are an accessory that can definitely take your outfit to the next level. However, don’t forget to take into account the weather at the rave or festival. Staying cool and comfortable is essential to make sure you have the time of your life, so choose thigh highs that make sense when it comes to comfort and breathability, especially if you love to dance. Thigh high socks are available in all sizes, including plus sizes, so you’ll be sure to find a pair that’s perfect for you and your unique personality.