When it comes to weight loss, one of the most important questions people ask is: what’s the best way to start? And the thing is, a lot of people will give you different answers. That’s the thing, though, there’s no “right” or “wrong” answer among their suggestions – which can make weight loss a very confusing and overwhelming subject. Thankfully, there are some quick tips you can use to jumpstart your fitness journey. And, when the time comes that you’ve gotten used to your routine, you can refer to other sources for technical advice. Here are some quick tips for you:
- Make your goals clear and precise. It’s important that you gauge your fitness goals with actual metrics. A huge reason why a lot of “weight loss resolutions” fail is because people often don’t have a clear plan of action in the process. Before you embark on your weight loss journey, try to weigh in first and decide what you want to do. Do you want to have a toned body? Do you want to lose weight? Do you want to participate in sports? Do you want to be a model? All of these fall under “losing weight,” so it might help you better if you have a clear goal first.
- Find a workout routine you can enjoy. One of the most popular suggestions for people looking to lose weight is to go to the gym, and this makes sense. A gym will likely have all the equipment you need for a good workout – but not everyone has the money for a subscription. You can remedy this by buying only the equipment you need, doing bodyweight workouts, or doing things such as regularly walking or running. Whichever it may be, try to make sure you find a workout routine that lets you relieve stress and something you’d look forward to doing every day. And try to find a routine you can enjoy even while doing other things – such as running while thinking about the best moving company NYC for your house move, or walking for hours while shopping.
- See if you can try out a particular diet. A lot of diets exist out there that you can try for weight loss. Popular ones include keto diet, or cutting out carbs completely to force the body to use protein for energy, or even military diet. Not all of these diets are “fads,” but not all of these can work for you as well. If you want to try out a particular diet, remember to pursue a diet you’ll be willing to do for years at a time. Remember, if you plan on losing weight via cutting out carbs but you really love eating your pasta, then you ought to reconsider your approach. If you’re losing weight at the expense of your enjoyment for food, then maybe that diet isn’t for you.
- Try out a sport, martial arts, or other physical activity. If you think it might be hard to incorporate an actual workout into your daily routine, try pursuing martial arts, sports, or other physical activities as well. Sometimes, integrating a “game” element through sports can make physical activity more interesting for you. Likewise, the idea that you can pursue a sport with friends can make it more of a bonding activity you can look forward to. Martial arts like boxing, Muay Thai, taekwondo, and others can be good stress relievers as well.
- Make sure you integrate it with your daily life. You can’t fully enjoy the benefits of your weight loss pursuit if you don’t exactly integrate it with your daily life. If your routine – be it workout, fasting, diet, or otherwise – can’t fit into your schedule, then you ought to think twice of what you’re following. Try to make sure your weight loss activities coincide with your usual schedule and routine, so you’ll be sure to follow it consistently. If you work with a moving company, why not integrate a few reps of lifting along with your tasks? Or maybe you can do a bit of exercise during breaks in your office.
- Trust the process, rest, and take your time. Unless you’re pursuing weight loss with an actual deadline, try to relax and enjoy the process of working out and losing weight. Remember, you may not be able to resist the urge to have a rest day or two – and it’s highly encouraged you take a break once in a while when exercising or dieting. The goal of the weight loss process is for you to enjoy, not for your body to suffer. When you notice times when you’ve gained weight, don’t lose hope. Remember that the body bounces in and out of the weight loss process, so try to enjoy the process and mix out your routine every so often.
No Fast Track Towards Weight Loss
You might be wondering why a lot of the tips above don’t necessarily give you a projected “deadline” or “date” when to expect the results of your endeavors. That’s because it’s important to always remember that there isn’t a “one-size-fits-all” formula for weight loss. A lot of it has to do with the kind of goals you have, what body you have, and what resources you currently possess. Remember, the key to weight loss isn’t about how much money you spend, but how much time and effort you allocate for your goals.